Pages

23.12.16

FAREWELL & HAPPY 2017


Hi Friends,

So, it's finally time to shut down the blog and end my affair with social media after many years. It sounds so weird saying it but I'm genuinely very happy about it. If you have no idea what on earth I'm talking about or why I'm quitting then you might want to read this before you continue on.

It's been fun, it's been difficult, it's made me joyous and it's made me really upset at times and yet I've learnt so much from it all. I just really wanted to stop by one last time to say goodbye to you all and to thank you for the years of support and reading. I really appreciate every one of you and I want to wish you all an amazing Christmas no matter what you're doing, or not doing and of course a very happy 2017. 

Speaking of which, it seems 2017 has plans for me that I didn't even see coming (scared af) but I'm excited for them and I cannot wait to see what life will be like without a phone constantly in my hand checking for social media updates, emails and blog comments or even planning my next post. Life is going to be different from here on out and although I never say never, I don't really plan on ever coming back to blog again or to set up any kind of social media but we'll see, I could really end up eating my own words in a years' time couldn't I? I do plan on continuing writing and photography in other ways and developing those skills with perhaps some tutoring because they will always be a part of my life no matter what I choose to do. I've always loved these things and that's what originally drew me to blogging if you didn't already know. So look out for my novel coming out in 2018 (jokes) hey maybe I will, maybe I won't.

As I've said blogging has changed entirely but then again so have I. I'm more mature (still a big kid) and I want different things compared to six years ago when I first started all of this (to rule the world mwahahaha) and I cannot wait to see where life will take me over the next years. I'm so excited for the next chapter (cheesy but true) battling through many health conditions and crazy life decisions has changed me and it's time I comply with how I'm feeling inside. I'm ready to just let go of the online world and move on.

I want to be more present in my life and not exist through a phone or laptop anymore and in truth I'm so annoyed at myself for allowing my life to be consumed by the online world, but hey I'm not the first and I certainly won't be the last. I want to spend more time out of the house than in it and I want to go dating again (terrified), travelling (scared and excited) and conquering major fears and working through health issues (bloody petrified) I've lived with for years on end. Saying that, I don't want you thinking that I'll no longer be supporting other bloggers or that I'm bitter about all of this because I'm feeling quite the opposite and I'll still be checking in to read all my favourite blogs and bloggers and support them in any way I can.

So it's a fond farewell from me here on LankyLaurasWay. I really wish everyone success with their blogs and careers within the industry. I thank every single brand for collaborating with me and supporting me and boosting my confidence when I was so low at times, I loved reading your encouraging emails and they meant so much to me. For all the blogging chums I've chatted with, keep going and keep doing what you're doing because your blogs are so AWESOME and I love reading your posts at the weekend. I'll still be commenting and annoying you as always because I'm a bit of a loyal bish.

Goodbye friends, I wish you every Happiness and success with what ever you plan to do in this new year. Just keep going, don't give up on your dreams and look after yourself. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Love Laura,

x

1 comment:

  1. I hope 2017 treats you very well! I am loving your blog too by the way, Keep up the amazing work.. you should be so proud! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign