Pages

8.7.16

THE MUST-HAVE £5 BAG

In every woman's wardrobe should be at least one black bag and something on the daintier side of life. I personally favour a cross-body for it's compact design and touch of chic that it can add to any outfit. I don't know about you but I sometimes feel that a shopper or tote can almost drown out your style and remove the eye from your outfit to the actual bag instead and overwhelm the whole look. A simple, black cross-body allows the outfit to say everything you want it too, whilst storing your most important valuables in a simple, small and travel friendly bag, which keeps the overall look minimalistic.

Silver hardware for me definitely has that more expensive look rather than gold and I despise rose gold (it just looks like copper to me) Most of my jackets and boots have silver hardware because in my head it all blends better with my outfits and hair colour. So naturally I've been searching for a bag with silver hardware, which can be quite difficult to find, especially from some of the more affordable brands out there.


On the hunt for a certain cross-body bag style, I looked to my favourite high street brands to supply me with the perfect one. I couldn't part with hundreds of pounds for a designer because at the moment I just can't justify that kind of expenditure. I knew that the bag I'd find perhaps wouldn't be top quality, or real leather, so I didn't want to go over £15 and thankfully I didn't have to.

It was a recent trip to Primark that found me this adorable bag and I knew the moment I set my eyes on it, that it was just like the one I had envisioned myself wearing with my outfits. It had silver hardware, enough space to chuck the purse, lippy, keys and sunglasses into and had an adjustable strap. I actually thought it was going to be from Primark's new luxury range and expected to pay £20 just like the others I had seen, but to my amazement it was not a penny over £5!

In the basket it went and the moment I got home I styled it with as many everyday outfits as possible and it fit perfectly with everything. It holds far more than I thought it would and it suits me and my lifestyle perfectly. It looks great with dresses, skirts and casual jean days with blazers and that's why I believe every girl should have one. It's so minimalistic but does the job of working with your outfits rather than stealing the show. I wish this was real leather because it's literally the perfect one, but if I decide to get another one in future, I will definitely invest in a better quality version.


Primark does it again for me with this one and I cannot say a better thing about it than what I already have. Let me know what you would've paid for this bag and if you're a cross-body or tote bag girl. Which would you prefer to have for everyday use and what colour of hardware you prefer. Look out for this bag in an upcoming style post!

Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign