Pages

15.4.16

HOW TO | FLORAL LIGHT UP CENTREPIECE


I'm finally getting round to sharing with you all a very simple DIY centrepiece for your bedroom's, kitchen's, hallway and even bathroom, anywhere that needs a little girly glam and extra light. I've been busting to get this post ready for you because I absolutely love this little creation and it's so easy to achieve, yet it looks the part.  

We all have those little corners of our houses that are just too dark, perhaps lacking in something attractive and are constantly drawn to with annoyance. Mines happened to be the bedroom window/bedside table, I just constantly hated how empty and bland they looked and I knew a little floral fairy light lamp would be perfect to entertain my eyes by day and make my beside table pretty and add more light for reading my book. 

WHAT YOU WILL NEED


- A small glass Vase/ Empty Jam or Sweets Jar 
- False Flowers
- Small Fairy Lights

I chose to use a little empty glass sweets jar which I got from B&M's for 99p and simply because I liked the ridged glass effect. What I love about this DIY is that you can get as creative as you want and paint the glass with your initials or even a pattern that reflects the style of your room e.g. chevron, polka dots etc.

I actually wanted to get Tulips for my "Vase" since they are my favourite flower but when I saw these beautiful Pink Peonies I was more than happy to have those instead. The colour matched the theme of my room perfectly and added a brightness that was very much needed. I happened to find these in Home Bargains and they were just £1.50!!! How amazing is that?

For my Fairy lights I chose a box of copper wired butterflies from Primark for £2.50 because I thought it might look like nicer and like I had fireflies in the jar, I know but bear with me because it works!
HOW TO


Although I don't really think you need this part explained since the pictures above pretty much show you I thought I'd run through it just in case.

Open your fairy lights and trim you flower stems to sit perfectly in your vase/sweet/jam jar and then simply wrap the fairy lights around the stems of your flowers just leaving out the little battery pack so it can be controlled easily. Simply pop your flowers into the vase and you're good to go! It's so easy and as you can see so pretty and quite elegant. 


It's perfect for the kid's bedrooms to add a magical touch and it will totally work as a safe little night light to keep them company and get them used to sleeping in the dark without fear. It's going to really jazz up the bathroom and especially at night time during a bath. These look amazing sitting on the window sills, dark hallways and wall shelves and even in the backgrounds of your blog pictures and Instagram shots.

You can glue gems onto the petals if you really wanted to add some bling to it, I was going too but I much prefer mine plain and simple, it's totally up to you and you can get as creative as you like!

The other thing you can do is add a drop or two of your favourite essential oils onto the flowers such as lavender to really help create a relaxing ambiance as you get ready for bed or take a bath. This would add such a lovely touch, a little something extra. For perfume lovers you could spritz on your favourite fragrance on the petals too, so the room smells of it all day long.

It's completely safe, quick and easy to do and I just love it! Let me know what you think of this idea and if you would be willing to try it for yourself. I hope you liked today's post and found it a little bit interesting and different to read. Please tweet me, or tag me in an Instagram shots of your version, as I would love nothing more than to see your creations. Have an amazing weekend everyone!

Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign