L'OREAL INFALLIBLE 24HR FOUNDATION


L'Oreal must be the only high-street brand that I've found who make a wide variety of foundation shades, from the fairest to the deepest and that actually suit my skin tone. I recently purchased the Infallible foundation because I'd heard so many good things about it and especially so for dry skinned gals like me because finding a foundation that looks dewy and is long-lasting can be quite the challenge.
The whole idea behind the infallible foundation is to give the appearance of flawless skin without a heavyweight masked look, to cover our imperfections. It's meant to look like skin, give luminosity and keep skin hydrated, all whilst looking natural. Now that to me sounds like the perfect foundation.

Finding a foundation that lasts but stays hydrating is an absolute nightmare when it comes to dry skin and I've had my fair share of make-up disasters because of this. I know some of you will have too! So I was excited to see how this foundation would sit on my skin and react without the help of any natural oils.

I purchased two different shades of this foundation because I really liked the formula at first and I wanted one for my fair skin days, as well as my Barbadian fake tanned ones too. I have 'Porcelain' being the lightest, which is a little on the pink side and 'Golden Beige' the third shade in the range, which is much darker than you would think it is but with much warmer tones to it.


I tend to apply every one of my base products with a beauty blender because of how dry my skin is but as I've learnt you don't get the same high coverage from this particular foundation as you do with a flat top kabuki brush, so depending on how the old skin is looking, I bounce from one technique to the other.

With a beauty blender you get a much lighter coverage which is buildable, whereas with a kabuki brush, you get quite a flawless, high coverage finish, which is just amazing for a high-street brand. 

Now, one thing I have noticed is that it does cling to my drier patches but still manages to look glowy at the same time, you know what I mean? Around my nose and the centre of forehead look dry and you can see my peach fuzz around my cheeks and jawline but when I tilt my face into direct, natural light, there is a beautiful glow to my skin. 

It took me a while to realise that I simply needed a primer underneath the foundation, instead of my lathering on of oils and regular moisturiser. It just needed a little silicone base to go over and once I started doing that, it made all the difference, not perfection as I'd hoped but much better and enough for me to still want to keep on using the product.

On the otherhand, it does transfer with and without a primer, so I wouldn't want to wear a white shirt or pretty scarf after having applied it, as I do tend to blend my foundation down my neck so everything looks even. A little setting powder can help but it's not going to do dry skin patches any favours. I tend to keep this foundation for the days when my skin isn't at it's driest and it works perfectly fine but if you have extremely dry skin, then this foundation will not work and you will look like a flaky mess.

One thing I will say is that it does tend to look really good in photography and film and there's minimal flashback. I guess it's all down to how I wear it and when I choose to really that makes the difference.


Perhaps it's not the best foundation on the market but it's one I keep reaching for because there's just something about it that I really like. I love the packaging, it's sleek and simple and comes with a pump dispenser. I love the glow and I love the buildable coverage but it's not what you might expect with all of its claims. 

Still it remains in my everyday make-up bag and I use it several times a week but I think I'm still on the searching for 'the perfect affordable foundation' bandwagon. But please Let me know if you've tried this foundation and what you're thoughts are on it, did you have a similar experience at all or is  it your holy grail product? 


Laura x 

Comments

  1. Your photos look amazing!
    Have you tried Max Factor's Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation? Its's quite light coverage but, very buildable and looks good if you have dry skin/patches...

    Thanks for the lovey post!

    Chantell
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! No, I actually haven't tried it yet but I'm VERY tempted because a few people have told me to get it. I'm hoping there's a shade light enough for me. Thanks so much for stopping by!x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts