Pages

9.7.15

THE TAN | SUPER HYDRATING LIQUID GEL SELF TANNER




Let me introduce the latest Irish tanning brand to the market, The Tan. Yes, another fabulous Irish company set up to give us all that gorgeous bronzed glow that a lot of us crave and especially so during the summertime. 

The Tan is the newest and latest member to my fake tan collection and was one that I could not wait to put to the test for all of you lovely folk, as well as myself. You all know how much I love fake tan and how often I review them here on my blog.

What I really liked about this new product was the fact that it contained super nourishing ingredients for dryer skin types. With a fabulous amount of hyuralonic acid, Aloe Vera gel, Shea butter and sweet almond oil, I was sure to get an even glow and very smooth skin. There are no parabens within the tan and the DHA (dehydroxyacetone- tanning ingredient) is derived from natural sources, so you needn't worry about what your putting on to your skin.

In terms of application the tan applied like an absolute dream, it just glides on with no streaks and you can take your time without rushing to blend everything in. I've only ever tried one other gel tan and it was a mess to work with and very sticky but with this product, I could smooth it around with ease and I didn't end up with a streaked mess. It felt very lightweight, hydrating and my skin felt uber soft after application. I really liked that it only took a few minutes to completely dry, just because it says its super hydrating doesn't mean that you have to wait an hour before dressing. You can apply your tan and after 2-3 minutes, pop your pyjamas on before hoping into bed.

It has the faintest hint of the scent of watermelon which is quite refreshing but not overpowering. Although it did not take long before I could smell the infamous fake tan scent. If you are a regular fake tan user like myself, then you will know that it's practically impossible to find a tan that doesn't smell after application and that it doesn't really bother me.

The Tan can be used on both face and body, which is just fabulous and the fact that it has such a gentle formula means that it shouldn't cause any irritation to the skin. You can also control the intensity of the tan by wearing for a certain length of time. For a light-medium colour you should shower it off after wearing for just 2-3 hours but if you want it deeper, then rinse away after 8 hours, which usually means an overnight job. I absolutely love this idea, it really seems to be a do everything kind of product and it also meant not having to use separate products, saving you money in the long run.

I decided to try it both variations of times and I had the best results after sleeping with it on overnight and showering in the morning. It didn't really take that well to my legs after just 2-3 hours and I needed a second application to even out the area. Some parts of my legs were much whiter than others, however, after the 8 hours, the colour was much better. I decided to wait a full week before doing my entire body and having removed the rest of the tan left on my legs from my first trial.


The colour is absolutely gorgeous, really natural but deep enough to be seen on pale skin. I had a few compliments from friends and family but I was still a little bit uneven and I felt the need to use a gradual tan over a few days to even it out. I did try to use a moisturiser beforehand to see if that would help but I think it made things worse, I feel that freshly washed skin is best to apply the tan upon to really get the colour you want. The Tan took to my skin much better, without any product having been applied beforehand as it says to on the bottle.

I have very dry skin and I need the hydration, which this tan certainly did give me but it didn't really take to my skin all that well. I definitely needed to use a gradual tan but perhaps on more normal skin types this product would work fabulously as well as those who don't really have trouble using any kind of fake tan. I absolutely love the formula but the tan in itself is what I had trouble with.

Having said that, I did get a friend to try it out and they had the same problem. It was uneven and they had to use a gradual tan to make it look as if they were all one colour. One friend found it irritated her eczema, while others simply had problems with making the tan last. It faded quite quickly of their skin but they also preferred the results after having slept with it on overnight.

Trust me when I say you will love the colour you get from this product and the application is so easy and quite luxurious really but It just didn't work too well with my skin, as well as a few others. 

I love supporting our own Irish brands and I would like to try their gradual tan to see how well it would work with my skin. I just love the ingredients and the packaging is gorgeous and think it's just great that it can be used by both men and women, meaning he can tan your back while you do his, or at least that's how I see it.

I hope you all liked this review and found it useful. Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments below and I wish you all a fabulous week. Don't forget to check out the pics below of my results!

*PR Sample



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign