SIX BENEFITS + WAYS OF USING ALOE VERA GEL


I am a huge fan of Aloe Vera gel and have been for many years now. You all seemed to really like my post about the 6 Benefits of using Sweet Almond oil and so I've decided to share some amazing ways you can also use Aloe Vera. Of course as I said before there are many more ways than just six but it would take more than one blog post to cover it all. I've decided to shorten it down to just 6 so that you can actually read the entire post without losing interest. 

Aloe Vera gel is an amazing substance which always should be used in its most natural form. Some people are allergic to Aloe Vera and so it's always important that you test patch an area of skin to see how your body responds. If you happen to be like me and you are completely fine and you feel a positive response then you will absolutely love it and will find many uses for it.

I tend to purchase a completely organic tube of Aloe Vera just a few weeks just before summer begins and I do this every single year. I find that one tube will usually last me throughout the winter too, provided I don't go crazy and I'm not travelling. If I'm travelling then I go through a least two tubes but generally speaking just one will last a really long time, which is just amazing.

There are two particular natural brands I have purchased from over the years and I personally would recommend them. The first being Jason Organics soothing Aloe Vera gel, which I always purchase from Naturisimo here. They have free worldwide delivery and sell lots of beautiful natural brands but I love that they sell the Jason Organics brand. The second is Aloe Pura which you can find in most pharmacies or Amazon online here. I do lean more towards the Jason but there is nothing bad about Aloe Pura so you can choose for yourself.

Here are my top six ways to use Aloe Vera, no matter the time of year or skin type you have. I hope you find them useful!

Eczema | For years I had suffered with dry, itchy eczema patches on my face, particularly across the centre of my face and forehead, as well as my neck, which would always be particularly awful during the Winter months. However, during the summer my face would be quite red and sometime irritated by the heat. Aloe Vera gel has anti-inflammatory properties, as well as the nourishment skin needs to feel comfortable thus reducing any symptoms. I have to say that as I've gotten older it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be but when it does start to play up from either a reaction to a new product or just extreme heat, then I'll pop some of this on and it takes away not only the itch but the redness too, leaving me feeling soft and soothed once more. It's fantastic for other conditions such as dermatitis and psoriasis, just try it! I much prefer this to some of the prescriptive creams my doctor would order me. It's much gentler and doesn't sting or cause any thinning of the skin either.

Sunburn | This one probably won't be than surprising since many of us tend to use Aloe Vera based after sun lotions whilst on holiday, during the summertime. It's funny for me because if it hadn't have been for a relative telling me to apply it to my sunburn whilst on holiday in Spain, I would probably have never considered Aloe Vera gel for anything. Since she introduced me to it I have always purchased it and put it in the fridge to use if I ever got any sunburn and it would be always be the best feeling in the world when I did. I totally recommend skipping the lotions and potions from our regular drugstore and reaching for the natural version because nothing compares to it. It will soothe your burns, hydrate your skin and keep you from itching during the night. 

After Wax/Tweezing/shaving Treatment | Whether male or female, you are bound to be shaving, waxing or plucking at some point. Sometimes the razor blades, wax strips and tweezing can leave us with burns, redness and irritation leading to several other health issues. Aloe Vera gel is excellent when applied topically to the skin straight after any of these hair removing appliances. It will completely soothe bumps, redness and burns to peace and if you place it in the fridge a few minutes before you do any primping or preening you will feel immediate relief. It's such a good feeling and for those gents out there growing out a beard, this should become your new best friend and be applied every day to stop the itching and keep those little red bumps at bay. I love using my Aloe straight after tweezing my brows as well as on any little cuts around the knee if I've been rushing with my razor over my legs. 

Brow Gel | Speaking of brows, if you've run out of your beloved expensive brow gel that keeps your rather, stubborn hairs in place and you have some of this lying around, try it! I use it all the time with a little spoolie brush and it works like a charm. It's a great alternative and will also help hair to grow in those more sparse areas too. It's great if you naturally have red brow bones and always have to use lots of makeup to help conceal it because of the Aloe's natural anti-inflammatory properties. Whilst I can't guarantee it will completely reduce the intensity of the redness, it will definitely help it to appear less severe.

Insect Bites | With hot weather comes the indefinite issue of insect bites, which can be more severe for others. Whether or not you are going abroad this year I urge you to try Aloe as an alternative to steroid creams and other topical prescriptive medications. I swear by it for midge and mosquito bites and nothing else works as well for me. You can apply it as often as you need to remove the itch, swelling, heat and to soothe the redness over a few days. I would totally pack this in my travel bag for forest trips, park adventures, as well as travelling to a hot country but if you sit in the garden grass and find you get bitten quite often; Aloe Vera should be your go-to product for treatment. The moisturization will also help with any unexpected dry rashes afterwards.

Bruises and Hyper pigmentation | If you are a klutz like me and bruises are a regular problem and you don't have any Arnica gel, try using Aloe. Aloe helps speed up the repair of broken blood vessels and reduce swelling, thus healing your bruises up much quicker, taking them from that horrible purple colour to yellow in a short period of time. It's also fantastic for acne scarring by reducing the dark spots with regular use because it helps with skin cell turnover and anti-inflammatory response. So those dark red, sometimes purple marks on your face should fade much quicker. It will also boost the brightness of your skin due to the amazing antioxidants and vitamins within the gel. It's definitely something you should keep in your bathroom cabinet and first aid kit for these incidences. I love using it on my acne marks and bruises and can attest to the fact that it works.

Isn't nature just amazing? The things that it gives us to look after ourselves are just incredible. I adore Aloe and couldn't sing enough praises about it. It treats so many ailments both internally and externally and is something I will always continue to use. 
It's a do- everything kind of product and should be kept in your handbag, fridge, suitcase, bathroom cabinet and first aid kit for its wonderful uses.

Remember that if you do decide to try some of these remedies for yourself to first, purchase the purest form you can find so that it doesn't contain any nasty chemicals that will undo all of the Aloe's hard work. I like to avoid parabens, silicones, artificial colours, petrolatum and SLS when purchasing Aloe Vera and I recommend you do the same and by doing this you will reap so many more benefits in the long-run and some results should be almost immediate. Always look for the leaping bunny on the back of the tube too so that it's cruelty free and that alone should tell you about what you're applying to your skin. Secondly, a test patch because some of my friends and family just can't use it as it breaks them out into severe hives, so be sure to do this before you start moisturising your skin with it.

Feel free to share the many more ways to use Aloe Vera in the comments below and let me know if you'd like to see more posts like these and what you'd like me to talk about next. If you haven't read my 6 uses for Almond oil post then you can read about it here. In the meantime, take care of your beautiful skin and let me know how you get on with some of these Aloe uses. Have a Wonderful day!

Comments

Popular Posts