Pages

7.7.15

JUNE EMPTIES '15 | USED UP AND THROWING AWAY


It's such a satisfying feeling when you use up a product that you really enjoyed using.
Why is it that Makeup takes the longest to use? but you can go through tons of toiletries in absolute no time at all, it's crazy but I'm glad to have a different kind of post to share with you today.

I love reading empties blog posts as well as monthly favourites and I thought I would quickly run through the products I've recently used up and give my thoughts on each of them. I've also linked all the products to where you can purchase them from within each section for your ease. I hope you like the post!

Haircare


  • Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Volumising Shampoo | I actually used up a couple of these last month and I absolutely love this Naked range as they don't contain any parabens, silicones or colourants. However, I've had to stop using them and switch over to a different shampoo because it had dried out my scalp quite badly and was causing all sorts of problems. But then again I hadn't stopped using it for 6 months and volumising products usually strip away every last drop of oil on your scalp. Apart from this I would totally recommend the range because they smell so good!
  • Pantene Pro-V Youth Protect Conditioner | It took me ages to finally finish this up but I did it! I would not repurchase this conditioner because it feels so heavy and is absolutely loaded with silicone. It did not make my hair feel good at all but it did smell really good, so that's a bonus, right? 
  • Blow Pro Texture Spray | I am so sad to have used this up because it was such an amazing product. It really did give volume and that gritty texture to make styling limp hair much easier. It smelt like lemonade and didn't contain any parabens, petrochemicals, or SLS. It's such a shame that Superdrug dropped the range because they were fantastic!
  • Batiste Floral & Flirty Dry Shampoo | I finished up another one of my favourite dry shampoo's and yes I re-purchased more, I just can't be without this stuff, It's great no matter the season and always comes in handy for those early morning rises. 

Face & Body care

  • Dove Almond with Hibiscus Body Wash | I go through so many of these every month and I love all of the scents from the Dove body wash range. I just can't be without a bottle of this as it helps with my dry skin, gives me a super close shave and soothes any eczema patches on my arms. It an absolute holy-grail product and I haven't stopped using them since I first tried them almost 4 years ago. 
  • Sebamed Clear Face cleansing Foam | I actually used this up back in may but kept it for this post. I didn't really get on with this product and found my skin to be too sensitive to handle it. However, the soap bar worked much better but I wouldn't repurchase this product again.
  • Nivea Pure and Natural Anti-Wrinkle Night cream | I just love this night cream and it's one of the products I hate running out of. It's super hydrating and doesn't contain any parabens, silicones, mineral oils or colourants and is really quite affordable at full price, although I stock up when it's on offer most of the time. I will definitely be snapping up a few more jars of this, it's too good not to.
  • Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel | I absolutely love this product and won't be without a tube of it. It helps to treat acne as well as prevent it and is one product I can say that actually works. I use this day and night and is the only thing that helps soothe my spots to peace.
  • Sure Crystal Invisible Roll On Deodorant | This was a really nice deodorant but I now much prefer my Mitchum pure fresh stick deo instead.
  • Olay Essentials Smoothing Face Scrub for Dry Skin | I actually didn't intend to use this all up, since it belonged to my mum but she recommended it and then I got hooked. I don't actually like Olay products as I'm actually very allergic and I always break out in painful rashes but this product is truly amazing. Not amazing in the sense that it scrubs well but more in the way of how soothing it is on my dry skin and how clear my skin has been since using said product. It's really gentle and leaves skin very soft after cleansing. I actually just snapped up another tube a few days ago because I really like this. I was so surprised but I'm really glad to have discovered it.
Makeup
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer | I always find myself complaining about this concealer but at the same time always repurchasing a tube to have in my makeup stash. It's really lovely for the daytime but terrible at night because of the glitter particles, it looks as if you've just applied a shimmery eyeshadow all underneath your eyes. It's lightweight with light coverage but sits well on an area that creases quite badly and it's really affordable.
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation | This is such a beautiful product and I've used this for years on end. A fantastic foundation for drier skin types like mine and gives skin a beautiful glow. I always get compliments when I'm wearing this foundation, the only thing I have trouble with is that it can break me out. I would totally recommend it though and think it's a great product to have from the drugstore.
  • Maybelline The rocket Mascara | I'm so glad to have finally used this mascara up, it's not that great on my lashes and am so glad to be finally throwing it in the bin. I really like the plastic wand but it just doesn't give any hold to a curl whatsoever. I need a mascara to really hold up well throughout the day and for longer than 5 minutes but this mascara could barely do that. I will not be purchasing this one again. 
I really hope you liked this post. Please let me know if you would like to see more of these and I'll do my best to put one up every now and then. I'm off to throw all of these things out and feel completely satisfied in getting rid of it all. Have a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign