COVER FX CUSTOM COVER DROPS


Customizing the coverage of your makeup, with just one product sounds like an absolute dream, think of the time and money it could save, as well as the effort in the mornings.

I've discussed it before but my skin can be quite temperamental and I have issues to deal with every day, spots and pigmentation being my main concern when it comes to makeup. Cover FX have designed a product that is packed with coloured pigment to tailor the amount of coverage you want and it's called custom cover drops. It provides anything from the lightest to the fullest of coverage for your makeup, simply by adding several drops to any base product you want.

What I like about the idea is that you can use this one product to work as a tinted moisturiser, foundation or concealer and change the amount you use for each thing. You can also mix it with your favourite primers for lasting coverage, oils for a dewy glow or even your daily SPF face cream to even out your skin tone; it's totally up to you. It ultimately gives you total control and not many products on the market can do just that. 

The amazing part is that these drops don't contain any parabens, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil or talc and are totally vegan friendly. They weren't tested on any animals and that makes me so happy. I've been working on getting my collection completely cruelty free and although it's a lengthy process, it's truly one I support and want. I feel that all makeup brands should be cruelty free and I'm so happy that CoverFX are one of these fabulous companies.

I was lucky enough to win these in a competition several weeks ago and wanted to play around with them before I gave a review. I like to know what I'm talking about before saying anything and after multiple uses I can safely say that I do like these drops. However, I don't like them as a foundation or tinted moisturiser and I've found some negatives to the products, as well as positives. I much prefer using the drops as a high coverage concealer for broken capillaries, spots and any hyper pigmentation marks and it looks absolutely amazing. It really does give superb coverage and gives me that little boost of confidence that I'm always searching for with regular high street concealing cosmetics.



The packaging is very sleek and comes in the form of a dropper bottle for easy placement of the product. However, the actual product inside the bottle is very thick and isn't as fluid like as you would expect it to be. The bottle must be shaken before every use and the dropper collects quite a lot of the pigment, so be sure to give it a really good shake to help it mix in the bottle before you try to work with it. 

I have the shade G20, which I believe is the lightest shade in the range for golden, warm toned gals like me. However, there are over 20 shades in the range, from pinks and neutrals to golden tones, which is just fantastic and should allow you to find your perfect colour with complete ease.

The idea of this product is very similar to that of the Maybelline dream flawless nude foundation but with better packaging and perhaps a higher quality of product and zero smell. You can read my entire review here if you'd like to know more about how I got on with it and see some pictures of me wearing the foundation.

The shade isn't quite the perfect match for me when I'm my ultra pale self but the texture of the product tends to cake on my drier patches of skin, ageing me by about 10 or more years. It has an almost powdery finish and it doesn't seem to matter what products I mix it with. I've tried it with my regular moisturiser, primers and foundations and nothing seems to help. Although to be fair, I haven't tried it with my serum yet and perhaps that would work but it's been a little bit of a letdown because of the fuss of trying to find something to make it work for my skin type. 

On the other hand, it is my absolute favourite go-to product for concealing smaller areas such as spots and pimples, as well as tiny little thread veins. I love adding a drop to the back of my hand and buffing it into those areas and setting with a light powder but I can only really do that if it's on my forehead or cheeks but definitely not my chin or around my nose.

I think my biggest concern is the price, to which you are paying £36-00 for just 15ml of product and with the Maybelline, although not as good, is just £8-99 and you are getting 20ml; still not the standard 30 but it's much closer and for a lower cost. If you can find a shade that works for you from Maybelline I would recommend you give it a try because I feel that it works better and adds a natural glow to the skin.

Overall, I don't think I would pay £36-00 to find another shade to use when I'm fake tanned. I feel that this product would work better for normal, perhaps, oilier skin types because you won't have that caked effect to your skin. I totally appreciate the quality of the ingredients used and the fact that they are vegan and animal cruelty free but the product just doesn't seem to be working for me.

I would love to know your thoughts about this review and hear any tips you may have to make these drops work better for me. They are so expensive that I'm determined to find a way to make it sit better on my dry skin. I hope you like it and found it useful.

Cover FX Custom Cover Drops £36-00 for 15ml Available From House Of Fraser


This review was not sponsored or required but was won in a competition by me from Urban Retreat

Comments

Popular Posts