Pages

9.6.15

MAY FAVOURITES '15


It's Summer at long last and it's time to share another post all about my favourite beauty and fashion pieces. I have quite a few things to chat about this time round, so forgive me for the longer read. I just couldn't stop talking about these favourites because they are all absolutely amazing and I hope you enjoy learning why.

Soap and Glory the Righteous Body Butter 
£10-50 Available from Boots

Well all know and love that signature Soap and glory scent and last month I just couldn't put the tub down. I loved using this for that ultra girly scent that just lingers on and on for hours and hours, it's so different to every other body butter out there. I don't exactly use this for nourishment but it does contain coconut oil and shea butter to smooth out your drier patches. It's just so gorgeous and I really want to pick up some of the clean on me body wash again, it's been years since I've used anything from their range and but this body butter has me hooked again for sure.
Madame La La Tan
£36-00 Available Here

If you're looking a new tan to try then may I guide you to purchasing the Madame La La? With its non-offensive smell, gorgeous deep bronze colour and longevity, it's a guaranteed natural looking fake tan - trust me! I much prefer it to the St Tropez and find it to be more nourishing on my drier skin. It contains the most beautiful natural ingredients and isn't loaded with any nasty parabens or other harsh chemicals. It's an absolutely gorgeous self tan and I haven't got a single bad thing to say about it. I have my beady little eyes on their facial bronzing serum and hope to pick that up next. I highly recommend this tan and can't say enough good things about it. Read my full review here.

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Maximum Strength 
£4-95 Available from Superdrug

I paint my nails all the time and feel bare without a pretty manicure but my nails suffer for it in the long-run and I needed to start taking care of them. Apart from using Almond oil on my cuticles, which you can read about here, I've also stopped wearing nail polish and reaching for the Sally Hansen hard as nails nail treatment. It's been well over a month now and my nails have grown a ridiculous amount and are slowly getting better. They aren't peeling as much and I believe it's all down to this. I totally recommend it as it's much more affordable than my beloved OPI nail envy and doesn't seem to thicken and go all gloopy. It's a fantastic product to have and I really don't mind not wearing nail polish any more but we'll see how long that lasts!

Sebamed Care Gel
£5-55 Available from Pasante

If you have dry skin and suffer with acne, you need to get this gel. It's absolutely wonderful at healing your spots, without drying them out and soothes any pain away overnight. It doesn't contain any oils or regular salicylic acid and is non-greasy and much gentler than any other treatment I've tried before. There is no strong fragrance or harsh ingredients and really helps soften dry skin with its hyaluronic acid and gentle Aloe Vera. I use it twice a day after having washed my face and apply it like I would a primer all over my face and even bring it down on to my neck. I cannot tell you how much this has improved my skin. It's absolutely brilliant and I will be stocking up as I don't ever want to be without it. I haven't used any prescribed medication or special acne treatment creams for over 2 months now - I just don't need them anymore! Read all about it here

Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand cream
£3-05 Available from Tescos

This is the best budget hand cream I think I've ever tried and has made quite the difference to the softness of my hands. I wash my hands so many times during the day and always have drier skin because of it. I apply this hand cream every night before I go to sleep and my hands are silky smooth when I waken. It feels greasy at first but then settles down to a film like texture, protecting my hands as I sleep and I love the scent. It's really good and I'd rather pay a few pounds than a fortune for something from L'Occitane which is always raved about. A fabulous hand cream and one that I have easy access too.
Nikki Stark Silver Rings
£25 each Rocking Wish Bone here & Sally Ring here

Of course I have to mention these beautifully dainty silver rings I was sent earlier last month by the lovely Nikki Stark. I haven't stopped wearing them as they are so light and chic to wear every day. I plan to get more pieces from her range because her jewellery is very 'up my street' as the saying goes and I love everything she makes. Everything is handmade in the UK which just makes it all more unique and that bit more special. See my post and pictures here.

Glowing Cheek Combo
Maybelline Master glaze stick Highlighter here & Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush here

I'm all about the glow and especially so for summertime. Ever since my collaboration with saveonmakeup.co.uk I haven't stopped using these two products. Maybelline's master Glaze is a beautiful, glossy cream stick highlighter and catches the light beautifully; I'm obsessed with this product. My favourite blush has been the dream bouncy blush in 'peach satin' which gives such a punch of colour and adds radiance to your face without any shimmer. It lasts all day and looks amazing on pale skin or when paired with a false tan. This has been my absolute favourite cheek product combination and I don't plan on changing it any time soon!

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation 
£6-99 Available from Superdrug

This isn't so much a new favourite as it is a re-discovery. I used to swear by this foundation a few years ago and went through at least 3 bottles of it. I recently picked it up again and fell back in love with its dewy finish and lightweight feel. It's amazing for dry skin and much prefer it to the Maybelline dream liquid foundation and the L'Oreal lumi magique. It's absolutely beautiful and perfect for summertime with a light dusting of powder over the top. I have to pick up a few more shades to use when I'm more tanned over the next few months. It's so pretty and super affordable, what's not to like?

I wish you all an amazing day and I hope to see a few comments from you all telling me what some of your favourites were last month.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes all crossed for a beautifully hot summer for us all. I can't wait to see what will be featured in my June favourites post I reckon a lot of coconut scented things and bronzers will be on the menu. Have a fabulous week!

2 comments:

  1. Great picks! Love the sound of the Rimmel foundation - I need a new one and the fact this is so cheap is also drawing me in!


    Beth x
    www.bethany-georgina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's really great for dry skin, makes you all glowy! Of course the price tag is an added bonus! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign