SEBAMED CLEARSKIN FACIAL CLEANSING FOAM


You all know I have such troublesome skin by now and not only do I have adult acne, but to top it all off, I have dry skin. 

A lot of companies automatically assume that because you have spots you also have oily skin, which is completely not the case, but I can understand the logic behind that theory.

Finding a facial cleanser that will help treat and heal up my spots can be tricky and even more so, finding one that won't dry it out even more. I was kindly sent a bottle of the Sebamed Clear face antibacterial cleansing foam to try and I have almost used the entire bottle before even beginning to review this product; I wanted to make sure what I thought about it, was right.

It's been a full month, twice a day skincare routine that I have stuck too and was one that also led me to completely eradicating all other spot treatment products that I normally keep in the bathroom cabinet. I wanted to give this a fair review and so I stopped using anything else to see how well this cleansing foam would cope.

I normally reach for a cream or oil based product but was more than happy to try something which felt like clouds. I used 2-3 pumps each time I washed my face and neck and it was more than enough product to get a good cleanse with. 

It smells very fresh and clinical and has a PH balance of 5.5, which is fantastic because skin needs to be kept slightly acidic to use as its own defense mechanism to fight of bacteria. Too many companies design products that neutralise that acid and therefore have people complaining that it made their breakouts much worse. Sebamed have taken this into consideration and went as far as they could to create the right ph level for the skin on your face. In theory this should lessen breakouts and help aid your natural body acid to get to work on those spots. You definitely don't want this getting into your eyes, so be careful when using said product.

In truth, after the first few times I used this I had a bit of a reaction and my skin was quite pink and felt tingly afterwards. It wasn't sore, just a little bit itchy and I was slightly concerned but kept going and after 3 days use, my skin settled and seemingly became used to the product. 
At the same time I was using this I was also starting to use my brand new Magnitone brush cleansing device and my skin broke out so badly, I thought it the perfect time to be using the cleanser.

It took around 2 weeks of consistent use before I seen any noticeable difference with my spots and even at that there wasn't a huge reduction. As I said I used this twice a day, once first thing in the morning and one at night after having removed my makeup and I left it on each time for about 3-5 minutes, as instructed.

It definitely helped to reduce pain and swelling within my spots and quite quickly too. After one day of use I would wake up the following morning and the swelling had seriously reduced and I wasn't as sore. However, I did find this product to dry out my skin by the third week and I had little flakes of dry skin around my chin, forehead and nose and I wasn't too happy. I was hoping that it wouldn't have that effect but it did. It really did help clear up my spots though and seemingly faster than other washes I have tried. I really liked how it treated my spots just not how it dried out my skin and causing a flare up of eczema.

I personally think oilier skins will love it and those who don't perhaps have such sensitive skin issues. Don't get me wrong it did help, but it didn't completely clear the acne. It helped with the pain and size but it totally over dried my skin and my face felt very tight after each use. I had to start using several oils on my face afterwards to try and get it back to where it was before I started using the cleanser. I've now got an eczema flare up on my face which I haven't had for about 3 years and I put it completely down to how dry my skin was because of using this product.

But fret not because I am lucky enough to be testing and trialing more of the clear face range from Sebamed and will have another review for you up in a few weeks time. I'll keep you updated on my social media so go and follow me if you're not already!

I am so happy to have gotten the chance to try this cleansing foam but I don't believe it's for me and I wouldn't repurchase this cleanser. I would recommend you try it yourself though because it may totally work for you and you should always try something for yourself, no matter what any blogger says about a product. 

My personal search for a new acne fighting, skin softening cleanser goes on and I am more than happy to hear your suggestions. I hope you liked this review and found it helpful. I'd like to say a quick thank you to the lovely team at sebamed for sending me their products to try, I am very grateful for the opportunity and I hope you liked my review.

Let me know if you have tried any other products from the Sebamed range and how you got on with them . Have a fabulous day lovelies!

For More information check out their website at http://www.pasante.com/

*PR Sample

Comments

Popular Posts