Pages

26.9.14

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH 25HR FOUNDATION

The Perfect foundation is something we all wish and constantly search for, unless of course you've found yours, but for someone with troublesome skin like mine, it can be quite a task.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr foundation in the shade 100 Ivory is my latest test subject and a good one at that.
The foundation contains SPF20 which is something to either love or hate. I don't particularly mind SPF for the daytime, but beware of the flashback face during selfies at night while out with the girls.

The packaging is quite snazzy and comes in glass bottle with a handy pump dispenser, although I don't mind the packaging with foundations, for me it's the product that counts.


It claims to have skin perfecting full coverage, but I would say it has more of a medium finish than that. 
It gives skin a beautiful glow which settles down to a demi-matte result and doesn't catch on any of my dry patches or spots. It glides onto the skin with ease and blends without bother.
You can definitely build with this foundation but I would give it a max of 2 layers before it begins to look rather caked and unnatural.

Due to the fabulous, but not full coverage, it covers most blemishes and red marks as well as lasting up to the 8hr mark on my skin, with blush and bronzer still in tact. Even after having touched my face several times it didn't seem to slip off my skin at all, I was very impressed.

I must also mention that there is quite a strong fragrance to the foundation for those who do not like a scent in their main base products. But I will say it's not a horrible one either.

As for the colour match, it is a little too dark for my naturally fair complexion but matches well with a light layer of my self tan. It has a mix of warm and cool tones and for those who haven't a clue what that indicates, it simply means that the colour balance of the foundation is neither too pink or yellow, so it looks much more natural on a variation of skin tones.


Overall, I really enjoy using this foundation and it honestly had me pleasantly surprised with the coverage and finish. It's one of the better ones from the high street in my opinion, especially with the budget friendly price tag.

I personally like to apply this foundation using my Real Techniques stippling brush and then gently patting over the top with my beauty blender, for a soft focus finish. It makes my skin look 10x better than without it.

I keep reaching for it and that's always a good sign!

I absolutely recommend this foundation and rate it 4.5/5 due to the shading and unlisted ingredients on packaging.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation £7-99 For 30ml Available from Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign