SMOKED ROSE GOLD EYES


Hi Everyone

So a few weeks ago I ordered the very gorgeous Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette, which is a total dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette.
It contains beautiful rose gold, matte taupe's and deep purple shades which really enhance blue or green eyes, though I say anyone could wear them.

I created a look over on my Youtube channel and I will leave the video linked down below so you can watch it all in action. It's a very easy makeup look to create, using some basic techniques and at the end of the day all you need to do, is a lot of blending!

I decided to create a look for those going to prom or some other fancy occasion and for those who love a good smokey eye. I went with flawless skin for this look because I personally feel the need to keep everything else well covered and let the eyes do the talking.

I thought I might as well share with you all how I created this look and create a step by step guide for those who prefer blog reading to watching a video, I hope you like it!

We're starting with the eyes first and will finish with the skin last, to ensure we don't ruin our foundation or concealer.

Step 1 - Apply Base - Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Pink Gold'
This just makes the shadows much more vibrant and will keep things crease-free.


 Step 2 - Grab your Makeup Revolution Palette and apply the matte Pinky/plum shade to crease.


Step 3 - Apply the Pale Rose gold Shimmer Shade, all Over Lid


Step 4 - Use the Darkest shade in the palette to apply to your crease and outer corners of eyes. Wing eyeshadow out slightly and be sure to blend well. Then You want to blend the same colour along your lower lash line, to help create that soft wing.


 Step 5 - Taking the Matte cream shade - Apply this to your brow bone as your highlight, since we already have a lot of shimmer on the lids. Don't worry this is just as flattering!


Step 6- It's time to pull the eyes together (not literally!) and add some black liner.
Starting with my Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof liner, I apply this to my upper waterline, pushing it between my lashes, no gaps allowed!
Then create a thin line along the top lash line, to add more definition to the eye and make things look very together.


Step 7 - I decided to smudge the liner with the deepest purple shade of my palette and softly blend, for the ultimate smokey eyed look, it made such a difference!.


Step 8 - Next up, lashes! I didn't add any falsies but you totally can and I would recommend some winged lashes to emphasise the shape we've created with the eyeshadow. But if like me, you don't use them, Give your lashes a good curl with your favourite lash curlers and add a few coats of mascara.


Step 9 - That's it for the eyes, now it's time to make our skin look flawless.
Since I have dry, acne prone skin, I went for a mix of my two current favourite foundations. Those being my Rimmel Match Perfection and Avon Ideal Flawless, for a dewy, high -coverage finish.

 
 Step 10- Now it's time to brighten the under eyes and conceal any blue veins, I'm Using my Rimmel Wake Me Up in the lightest shade 'Ivory'


 Step 11- Fill in those Brows! But don't go too crazy, you just want some soft definition so they don't get lost behind the eye makeup. This is my very well loved, Elf Brow kit in 'Ash'


Step 12 - Next I'm adding my Elf Blush in 'Berry Merry' but not to the apples of my cheeks. For this look I want to almost contour and sculpt my face a little bit instead, so I apply this more at the back and under my cheekbones, it creates a gorgeous effect! It will look amazing in pictures!


Step 13 - Finally to finish off the whole look I'm adding my Bourjois Une 'LO2' Lipstick and Tanya Burr Lipgloss in 'Just Peachy' which creates very pretty, nude- pink lips.

And That's it! Now You have beautiful, Rose-Gold smokey eyes, with contoured cheeks using a Plum blush and nude lips to tie it altogether. I absolutely love this look and would totally wear this to any Prom or Wedding over the summer. 

 
I hope you like it! Let me know If you try it out as well!

('This competition is open to all bloggers, for T&Cs go to http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/page/competition')
COMP NOW CLOSED!

Comments

Popular Posts