Pages

3.5.14

HOW I WASH & DRY MY MAKEUP BRUSHES '14


Hi everyone!

Today, I thought I'd do a little post to show I personally like to clean my make-up brushes and the way I dry them. But first please keep in my mind that I don't own top class, amazing, high end make-up brushes.
I have a few from real techniques, Zoeva and Elf, the rest are from little sets I used to have.
But I still use the same technique and feel like it's my favourite way to cleanse them.

I don't ever just spot clean my make-up brushes but wash them roughly around once a week instead. But really, it all depends on how often I wear make-up during the week.

Cleaning make-up brushes can be really tedious and lets face it, it would be a really boring full time job but I love how clean and soft they are afterwards. Make-up goes on like a dream and it makes it all worth the while!

I like to start of with my bigger brushes like my, Real techniques blush and Elf Complexion brush etc, Because they are usually loaded with foundations, BB creams and powders and take the longest to cleanse.
I don't use any waterproof make-up so I just grab my bottle of Timotei Pure shampoo, which has no parabens, silicones or colourants. It's gentle, smells amazing and cleanses pretty good if you ask me. Snazzy pic below! Oooo! lol.


I like to run my brush under the tap and then squeeze a dollop of shampoo into the palm of my hand and begin swirling my brushes in circular motions.
I repeat this step around 2-3 times just to be extra sure that they have been well cleansed.


For my smaller brushes I do the same but usually one or two has a waterproof gel pencil or liner within the bristles. I'll then grab my waterproof eye make-up remover and just dab them into a little dish filled with it  loosen up the grime, before I cleanse with the shampoo.

If I had a waterproof foundation or concealer I would do the same or just use some regular olive oil and repeat the steps.

I find this shampoo does a good job of getting the grime out of my brushes and it doesn't irritate my skin when I next use them.

In between each brush wash I'll leave them sitting on a towel before hanging them upside down with hair ties. Yup, that's right I use hair ties, as you will see in the picture below.


I leave them above the radiator overnight just so they get a gentle, warm, helping hand to dry for the next day.


I love this technique and have been using it for a few weeks now as I used to just leave them on a towel, or in my brush pot next to the radiator! Yikes!

It's so easy to do and the only make-up product I really struggle to get out of my brush with just using shampoo, is the Revlon Colorstay foundation. It's an absolute nightmare but everything else cleanses nicely!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I will chat with you again soon! Let me know what you use to clean your brushes and what's your fave technique!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

P.S Can you count how many times I mentioned the word 'Make-up'? Seriously!

Laura

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign